If you want to receive our newsletter, we need your name and e-mail address. And when you order something from Designcollectors.com, we need some information to process your order. Your privacy is important to us. That is why we handle your data with care. How we do this and what rights you have, we clarify in this privacy statement. If you have any questions after reading this privacy statement, please contact our customer service department.
Who registers your personal data?
BVBA Flanders Design House (hereafter 'we') with address Pannestraat 225 - 227, 8630 Veurne, Belgium, owner of the webshop Designcollectors.com (hereafter 'the website'), is responsible for the processing of personal data on the website. This is done with respect for the current legal regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation of 25 May 2018.
How do we process your data?
The personal data we collect is stored in a secure environment that is not accessible to the public. The file can only be consulted by a limited number of employees of BVBA Flanders Design House. The information is only processed for internal purposes.
We do not pass on any personal data to third parties, except in order to comply with legal obligations and in the event of an explicit request from the judicial authorities or police services. And we do NOT sell your data to third parties.
Which personal data are processed?
- Account details: your first name, last name, password, e-mail address, telephone number, address, date of birth, gender, language choice.
- Subscription newsletter: your name and e-mail address when you subscribe to our newsletter on the website.
- Order / purchase: your purchase amount, first name, last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, billing information if any. Your payment card details will NOT be saved.
- Contact: your e-mail address, first name, last name, telephone number, message for a contact request on the website.
- IP address: your IP address, by the hosting company to guarantee security and availability.
Why do we process your data?
- To manage your account on the website in order to use our webshop.
- To send you newsletters and promotions, after your prior consent.
- To deliver and invoice the products ordered by you.
- To guarantee security for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal offences.
- To manage the website and continuously improve the service, we include data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be traced.
How long is your data saved?
Your data will be saved by us for as long as is necessary for the purposes described above. For example, the Belgian law requires us to retain billing information for 10 years.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to access and, if necessary, correct the personal data we hold about you. You can also have your personal data deleted from our database at any time.
- If you no longer wish to receive the Designcollectors newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time: by the unsubscribe link or by e-mail or letter stating your name, postal address and e-mail address.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
- You also have the right to transfer the personal data we hold about you to someone else.
If you have a question or complaint, please contact our customer service department.
How do we protect your information?
We take security measures to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorized access or erroneous notification to third parties of personal data as well as any other unauthorized processing of these data.
Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
As a user of our website, you must always comply with the security regulations, in particular by preventing any unauthorized access to your login and password. You are therefore solely responsible for the use that is made of your account from your computer, IP address and your identification data, as well as for their confidentiality.
Cookies and social media
Through our website, a cookie is placed by the American company Google, as part of the "Analytics" service. We use this service to track and receive reports on how visitors use the website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when required to do so by law, or when such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. We have no influence on this. We have allowed Google to use the analytics information obtained for other Google services.
The information Google collects is anonymized as much as possible. Your IP address is explicitly not given. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google is committed to adhering to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated to the Privacy Shield program of the U.S. Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
We use so-called retargeting cookies. This allows us to display advertisements on third party websites based on your previous visits to our website. For this we use Facebook Pixel.
Our website includes buttons for sharing web pages on social networks such as Facebook. These buttons work by means of pieces of code from Facebook. Cookies are placed by means of this code. We have no influence on this. Read the privacy statement of Facebook (which may change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data they process through these cookies.
The information they collect is anonymized as much as possible. The information is transferred to and stored by Facebook on servers in the United States. Facebook is committed to adhering to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated to the Privacy Shield program of the U.S. Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Applicable law and competent courts
Belgian law applies to this site. In the event of a dispute, only the courts of the district of West Flanders are authorized.